Weekend Crafts: Trophy for Dad
Do your kids still need a gift to give their Dad for Father's Day? If so, why not let them make a trophy to let their Dad know that he is award worthy!
What You Need:
- 2 Foam Cups (paper cups will work as well)
- Small Square Box (about 5 inches works best)
- Chenille Stem (AKA Pipe Cleaner)
- Gold Craft Paint
- Masking Tape
- Construction Paper (cut to fit on side of the box)
- White Craft Glue
1. Turn cups upside down and trim bottom lips to make them flush. (see photo)
2. Glue the bottoms of the two cups together.
3. Tape the square box shut by covering the entire box with masking tape.
4. When glue on the cups have dried, wrap a piece of masking tape around the middle where the two cups meet.
5. Cut the chenille stem in half and insert into each side of one of the cups as trophy handles.
6. Cover cups completely with masking tape.
7. Paint masking tape on both the trophy and the box gold. Let dry.
8. Using paint, markers, or even crayons, write “Awarded World's Best Dad” (or any other message) on the construction paper. Glue to the front of the box.
9. Pipe white glue onto the bottom of the cup that does not have the chenille handles. Press onto the top of the box and let glue dry completely.
- Fill the trophy cup with Dad's favorite candy.
- Often times your pantry is the best place to look for a small box. Boxes from cereal bars, crackers, or fruit snacks will work great for this project!
Photo and instruction provided by Kaboose.
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by Abbie M (see all)
- Great Find on Amazon - December 20, 2018
- Sign up for Free Samples from Honest Company! - October 23, 2018
- Teacher Appreciation Week : Budget-friendly Ways to Spoil Your Teacher - September 7, 2018