Paper Plate Uncle Sam Kid’s Craft Project
To celebrate the Fourth of July, this week's Weekend Craft project will teach you how to make a Paper Plate Uncle Sam.
What You Need:
- Paper Plate
- 50-60 Cotton Balls
- Crayons: Flesh-toned and pink
- 2 Medium Wiggle Eyes (can also substitute construction paper, craft foam or just draw the eyes on with a marker)
- 1 Medium Pink Pom-Pom
- Black Marker
- Glue Stick
- White Craft Glue
- Pattern 1
- Pattern 2
- Cut out all hat pieces using patterns 1 and 2. When tracing the hat stripes, it's okay to make them a little longer than the pattern because you will trim the excess after they are glued on. (See photo.)
- Color the center circle of the paper plate with a flesh-toned crayon. (See photo.)
- To assemble the hat, use a glue stick. First, glue the red stripes to the white portion of the hat. (See photo.) Following the pattern, glue on the blue hat band. Add the red hat brim, then glue on the white stars to the band. Finally, trim any excess to make the hat even.
- Using white glue, press cotton balls all around the outside edges of the plate, two layers at the top (hair) and several more for the beard. All that should be visible is peach colored face. (See photo.)
- Glue on wiggle eyes and the pom-pom nose. Use a pink crayon to color on cheeks. (See photo.)
- Cut the bowtie from red paper, the center tie circle from blue, and a star from white. Assemble the tie using a glue stick.
- Use white glue to add the hat and the bowtie.
- Add eyebrows and a mouth with black marker.
Photo and Instruction provided by Kaboose.
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by Abbie M (see all)
- Great Find on Amazon - December 20, 2018
- Sign up for Free Samples from Honest Company! - October 23, 2018
- Teacher Appreciation Week : Budget-friendly Ways to Spoil Your Teacher - September 7, 2018